The largest pop-up store dedicated to the British boy band One Direction 1D WORLD now offers new products. Check poster for more details. The store is open from 10 to 9pm at the 5/F, Mega Fashion Hall, SM Megamall.
Thursday, January 29, 2015
Global brand Tune Hotels celebrates the opening of its new hotel property in London this February 2, 2015.
Tune Hotel Canary Wharf is located in the heart of London's Financial district,. in West India Quay. The hotel has 130 rooms and near leisure market and other local attractions such as the O2, Olympic Park and ExCeL.
Tune Hotels provide the perfect accommodation for those traveling and not worrying of paying expensive hotels in central London. It has six sites in operation across the UK with Newcastle as the latest prior to this Canary Wharf. Tune is planning to open 25 more new properties in the next 5 years.
CEO of Tune Hotels Group Mark Lancaster said that the value for money concept would be welcomed by domestic and international travelers.
'Tune Hotels' focuses on what customers really want, like 5 star beds, powerful showers, convenient locations, a clean environment with 24-hour security at an affordable price. Rooms at Tune Hotel Canary Wharf start at just 55 pounds with special promotional rates of 35 pounds until the end of February 2015.
This Tune Hotel Canary Wharf features interior design upgrades showing a unique guest ambiance and technology support for the modern travelers including big flat screen TV’s.
More of this information and rates are available at www.tunehotels.com or check their social media accounts on Facebook at or on Twitter.
Friday, January 23, 2015
Here is something to excite Suncellular Subscribers: A pricedrop and shorter holding period for some of their phones. Imagine, for only around P350, you get a phone with free call, free text messaging and even data allocation. That's definitely great savings for you! The Good Choice!
Here are the details:
O+ + O+ Pad 7.3 with Shorter Holding Period Offer.
· From 30-month Holding period, the O+ Sun Bundle (O+ + O+ Pad 7.3) is now available at Sun Plan 600 + P49 amortization for 18 months only.
Alcatel Pop D3 Price-drop Offer
· Originally from Plan 399 and now down to Sun Plan 350.
Alcatel One Scribe Easy: Pricedrop, Shorter Holding Period plus FREEBIE
· From Plan 450, Scribe is now available at Sun Plan 399
· Only at 18-month Holding period.
· Comes with another FREE phone, the Alcatel 10.11d
Click the photo to direct you to the online store or check here for details.
Click the photo to direct you to the online store or check here for details.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Under this campaign, all 69 million subscribers of Smart, Sun Cellular and Talk ‘N Text can post unlimited tweets without worrying about mobile data charges. Filipino Netizens can send a tweet tagging Pope’s Official Twitter account (@Pontifex) and send him well wishes and prayers and by using the hashtag #DearPopeFrancis. You can also get real-time updates on this anticipated apostolic and state event by searching the same hashtag.
You can access exclusive videos, stories and the Pope’s itinerary by visiting www.dearpopefrancis.ph.
Napoleon L. Nazareno, president and CEO of PLDT and Smart said that this partnership of Smart and Twitter aim to allow more Filipinos to get involved and be active in this historic experience with Pope Francis.
To avail of this Unlimited Tweets all you have to do is Text DEARPOPE to 9999 starting this Thursday, January 15. Once registered, You can start tweeting your experience or thoughts about the Papal Visit by putting the hashtag #DearPopeFrancis and tag his official account @Pontifex. Just maintain at least P1 load balance every day or be subscribed to any plan, promo or bundle to enjoy the free service. Also, mobile subscribers who are registered to the ongoing Smart Free Internet promo can still enjoy the Free Twitter service on top of their 30 MB allocation.
Pope Francis is the 2nd most followed world leader on Twitter with more than 17 million collective followers.
Monday, January 5, 2015
Staying at Aloft Bangkok is probably the only right decision I had during my recent trip to Thailand. I went there to cover the Asian Beach Games without organizing well my itinerary. I even ended up being in multiple flights, with long hours of waiting at the airport just to be able to make it to every event. Good thing I activated my Smart Roaming that I was still able to do something productive, like social media marketing sitting at the airport beside some foreigners (More details about that here: (#SmartAllDaySurfAbroad).
Aloft Bangkok has been recommended to me by Theerayuth Kumpeesritrakool, an International Blogger and a world-class photographer who I met in Malaysia for an event last year. True to his words and Aloft's website, It is a posh and edgy hotel located in the heart of Bangkok, Sukhimvit Soi 11, a street downtown and only 30 minutes away from the airport and 5 minutes from a train station. The hotel is near the best pubs and restaurants in the city and just few blocks from Terminal 21, a 7-Floor Mall carrying the best brands in the world. You can also find a lot of 7-11 stores, Spas and laundry shops few steps from the hotel.
Aloft Bangkok has a very modern and unique loft-inspired design powered with a high speed internet. For sassy travelers like me, you'll find the atmosphere here very vibrant, colourful and cool. I became so excited when I got in my room, that despite the 48 hours of no sleep, I was still very energetic taking a selfie in every corner. My room was large and clean with a sofa in the side.
Everything was laid out very well including the position of the comfy bed to enjoy sky view benefits. The design and interiors were carefully thought of to make young professionals be in love with the place. The room also has free wifi, a 42 inch LED TV, iPhone docking station, a refrigerator and a powerful hot and cold shower.
It was peak season when I stayed at Aloft Hotels that I didn't get the chance to experience their new TOUCH ROOM, where everything is controlled by a Smart Phone. Hopefully when I come back this year, I get to experience that. Here is a preview of that feature.
The Splash Pool, Billiard Room and the Gym are some of the amenities you can also enjoy during your stay at Aloft Bangkok. The outdoor pool has an infinity view of the city and can be used from 6am to 11pm. The gym is open 24 hours having a full cardio collection: from stationary bike to treadmills to stair climbers and other machines. They also have the W XYZSM bar that offers great music, cocktails and beers. And of course, my favourite, the Crave Restaurant that serves different international cuisines. I'm not really into Thai Food, so imagine how happy I was, seeing Pizzas, Bacons, Breads, Juices and a lot of American and French food.
If there's one reason why I would go back to Bangkok, It's definitely Shopping! I can let go of the golden temples and magnificent palaces but not the never ending shopping. There’s no better place to get everything you need at reasonable price than in Bangkok. There's the 7-Floor mall, Terminal 21 (where I got a limited Kobe 9 Baskbetball Shoes at a price 20% less than it's selling price in the Philippines), the Central World, MBK, Siam Square and Paragon. Everything there is so cheap. In my 3 days, I spent only less than $100 for food, fare, few drinks and some gifts (excluding the shoes my friend asked me to buy).
Bangkok is Thailand's capital with over 8 million people. It is known to have incredible traffic jams, crowded streets, kinda polluted environment and locals who hardly speak English. But behind these impressions lie a colorful and beautiful city with a distinct taste and still rich in cultural heritage.
It is one of the world's popular tourist destinations. Global brand MasterCard ranked Bangkok as a top destination city by international visitor arrivals in its Global Destination Cities Index, with over 16 million visitors a little over a year ago. Bangkok is ranked 4th in cross-border spending, after the high-end New York and the exquisite London and Paris.
Thailand's Department of Tourism recorded over 10 million foreign visitors to Bangkok a year ago who were accommodated by almost 100,000 hotel rooms. The city has a lot of Classy and Posh hotels and are offered only at a price half than its usual cost in other countries. You can even get a decent room from value hotels at $50 a night.
So where should you go and what should do in Bangkok?
1. Let's start with the nearest from Aloft Hotel, the famous Charlie’s, one of the most popular night hub in the city. Enjoy a drink with other foreigners then move in to other bars with live bands.
2. Visit the Grand Palace, Wat Pho, Temples, Ruins and the famous Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage site and an ancient spot known to have magnificent and huge monasteries.
3. Try a real Thai Massage. It's very cheap and available in almost every street.
4. Visit the floating market and ride the river boats to Bangkok’s central Chao Phraya River.
5. Get yourself an authentic Thai food. But don't eat anything you would come across. You can go to Sukhumvit Soi 38 where a lot of stalls are offering spicy soup noodles, thai salads, stir fried dishes, and freshly sliced fruits.
6. Watch a movie and experience their luxurious theaters. Most of the cinemas are inside the shopping malls and are known to be the hub of modern cineplexes with karaoke facilities.
7. I know I have discussed shopping already in the earlier part of this article but let me just give you detail information. For night markets, check Siam night market, located near the Siam station. Then Spend few hours in Khao San road. On weekends go to Chatuchak, a shopping haven offering almost anything from 20,000 vendors. If you are a wholesaler and you want good deals on clothes and accessories, then go to Pratunam.
8. If you are in Thailand between April 13-15, then you are up for a major event, The Songkran Festival! It's the Thai New Year celebrated through water fight where everyone gets literally wet!
Here are some reminders for first time travelers:
1. Travel lite - Don't bring too many clothes. Remember Bangkok is a paradise for shoppers. You can get a shirt for only P100 ($2) each.
2. Wear comfortable shoes! You'll find yourself walking a lot abroad! I find that Zalora PH has the best range of men's loafers. You can check their affordable yet classy collection here.
3. Have en extra Cash, Credit Card or Debit Card for emergencies. You'll never know what surprises you'll meet there! Being ready is always better than worrying in the end.
4. Bring your passport and a pen with you all the time. Some establishments would ask that you show it to them especially when you ask for Tax Refund, Discounts, or even Wifi Password. If you are from the Philippines and a Smart Telecom Subscriber (both postpaid or prepaid), I suggest you register to their all day roaming for only P500. They have partnership with True Telecom, one of the leading network providers in Thailand. You'll be assured of no unwanted data charges to your account. To register:
1. Text ROAM ON and send to 333 at least 30 minutes before leaving the country.
2. Check your network settings & make sure you are connected to SMART’s Conexus Roaming Partner.
3. To access the USSD Menu, Dial *133# and Press ANSWER then enter 5 to choose DATA ROAMING.
5. Choose Thailand and True Telecom from the list of countries and roaming partner.
6. Select the All-DAY SURF ABROAD 500. If successful, you'll receive a confirmation. For more details, check out #SmartAllDaySurfAbroad
Thursday, January 1, 2015
2014 was incredibly great for Morgan Magazine. Collectively, our Online Content, both the website and social media accounts, had over 100 Million Impressions through out the year. We were included in the top blogs right before we decided to remove the code because of malware attack. We were able to partner with Globally Competitive Companies and even Famous Brands in Asia. We launched our Mobile App on Play Store last quarter of this year just before it was taken down due to copyright issue. Morgan Magazine is duly registered in the Philippines however, outside our country, other companies and institutions use it as a brand thus Google is most likely giving them more favor because of prior claim.
I just would like to say Thank You to everyone who took time reading the articles I wrote, our feature stories and who watched my one on one interviews with famous celebrities in the Philippines. Thank you also for sharing it to your friends on social media. This 2015, I'm thinking of concentrating in another path and would be covering better stories other than entertainment. It would probably be a lot beneficial to you guys as readers and as travelers.
I saw this video collection of people becoming awesome living life to the fullest! Some made me smile and some were freaking me out but really worth watching! It will inspire you to keep moving and do something crazy for the first time!
Here's to a fruitful and more colourful 2015! People Are Awesome