Friday, November 21, 2014
Tickets to the 2015 Melbourne Food and Wine Festival is now available and on Sale today!
The festival will run from February 27 to March 15 and will kick off with the World's Longest Lunch (a 530m-long table) in Fitzroy Gardens by the Bank of Melbourne. It will be followed by an authentic Southern-style barbeque party with Pitmaster from the US Rodney Scott.
Australia is renowned for its unwilted gourmet produce and world class wines. Almost every city has major food and wine festival every year but the most popular is the Melbourne Food & Wine Festival. An event that will make you taste the flavour of autumn.
The Melbourne Food and Wine Festival is a diverse program of one-off events unfold throughout the regions of Victoria and Melbourne.
Here are just some reasons why you should attend the festival:
1. It is renowned for bringing the city to life with lively outdoor activities. The Bank of Melbourne World’s Longest Lunch includes a 3-Course lunch comprising of kingfish, sorrel leaves and sweet potatoes designed by Victoria’s top chefs.
2. The 17-Day Melbourne Food and Wine Festival attracts more than 250,000 visitors each year and every network of restaurants, bars, laneways, and rooftops have convivial events!
3. There is a two-day Langham Melbourne MasterClass that showcases the world’s most exciting culinary and winemaking talent. Visitors can learn from the world’s best chefs in an intimate class and can even taste signature dishes.
4. The hottest restaurants in Melbourne bring together the Global Chefs and local leading chefs to prepare a one-off dining experience for their guests and customers.
5. You can learn secret recipes and techniques from artisan producers and see the best of Melbourne’s food, art and music in one event.
6. Witness the the regional picking and processing of Melbourne's precious grapes. The Festival takes wine enthusiasists to vineyard tours with special dinners among their ageing barrels.
7. Parents can have their kids join free cooking classes at Little Foodies Corner to learn everything from baking to pizza-making and even sushi-rolling.
8. The Community Gathering during the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival is what excites me the most. Imagine experiecing Australia's rich and multicultural heritage through an international social event! You get to meet a lot of people from all over the world over a glass of wine.
Most major airlines fly direct to Melbourne including budget airlines Air Asia, Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines. If you are coming from Sydney, it's just a 1.5 hours flight.
For more details check out the official festival website. #WineFestival #FoodAndWineFestival #Australia #Melbourne