As Apple launches the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Would we still need to upgrade our phone or just wait for another year for the iPhone 7 to come out? Do we really need a bigger iPhone like the Samsung?
Here some reasons to buy and why you should not! You decide:
1. Higher Resolution Display
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus comes with a Retina HD Displays. It has a 4.7 and 5.5-inch diagonal screens respectively. This means higher resolution, 1334 by 750 pixels for the iPhone 6 and 1920 by 1080 pixels for the iPhone 6 Plus. The new screen will also have a more dramatic contrast without the need of any application. Larger screen is usually for better viewing of photos and websites. Also if you are a movie geek and will get the 128gb then start pre-ordering now.
2. Better Battery Life
- iPhone 6 will have the ability to do 60 hours of audio/music and 11 hours of video. Enough to keep you away for a flight from the US to ASIA. iPhone 6 Plus will have 80 hours or audio and 14 hours of video. These new iPhones will also have a longer talk time and standby mode.
3. If you like thin and curves
- Apple said these 2 new iPhones are the thinnest they produced yet, 0.27 inches. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus followed the design of the original frame, seamless and continuos.
4. Faster Processors
- iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus comes with the 2nd generation 64 bit A8 chip which has faster processing power.
5. New Features
The iSight and facetime camera have been improved with a new sensor Focus Pixel that enhances autofocus. Image and Video stabilization now include Optical and no longer digital. Panorama shots now have 43 pixels which is way way better than the previous phones. These new iPhones come with a barometer to measure elevation and check air pressure.
6. Bigger Storage
If you want a phone with bigger storage, then you'll never go wrong with the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus having as much as 128gb space.
7. Voice Over LTE
- The new iPhones support Voice over LTE and 20 bands. They have improved voice audio quality and can do 150 mbps LTE.
Why should you not upgrade yet:
1. That's why you chose iPhones in the past not only because they are the best phones but simply because you like it just how it was designed, sleek and can be used with one hand. The new ones will stress you out unless you have extremely big hands.
2. You still have a contract with your existing iPhone and getting a new one will extend your contract and end up selling your phones at a much lesser price since iPhone 5s and 5c are now on Sale.
3. It's more expensive than usual. Few months after launch, the prices would drop, You may want to wait til Thanksgiving or Christmas to avail the new iPhones at a discounted rate, perhaps $50 - $100 off.
4. You want the Apple Watch but you only have an iPhone 4s or lower. Buying the iWatch and iPhone 6 will set you back quite a bit more than you might otherwise have alloted for just a phone.
5. Do you really need it that much? If you have an iPhone 5c or 5s, you are pretty much okay until the iPhone 7 comes out.