Harry Potter Park in Japan
Wizarding World of Harry Potter
(photo courtesy of www.telegraph.co.uk)
Universal Studios recently opened its long-awaited Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Osaka Japan to millions of Asian Fans.
This is Universal Studios second park, 4 years after it first opened in Florida. Slytherin Draco Malfoy and Ravenclaw's Luna Lovegood attended the opening ceremony last July 15 wearing their respective scarves.
What Harry Potter Park in Japan has that the Florida doesn't have is the Black Lake which was shown in the first installment of the film, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.
For a fan like me who grew up watching the magical story of Harry Potter, no words can describe the feeling I have now that in the next few months I will know how it is like experiencing the magical world of Harry Potter.
There are a lot of attractions at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
1. The Hogwarts Castle
- You'll be able to explore the classrooms and corridors of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You can also tour in Dumbledore's Office as well as the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. The famous Sorting Hat and Moving Portraits will also greet you as you journey the castle.
2. Dining at The Three Broomsticks and the Hog's Head
- Try the delicious and popular Butterbeer, a sweet, non-alcoholic beverage, reminiscent of shortbread and butterscotch (which Starbucks has copied).
3. Shop at Hogsmeade
Choose your own wand or if you like you can even get a replica of Harry Potter's wand. Then continue shopping and you'll find sweets like Chocolate Frogs and Flavour Beans.
4. Street Entertainment
Students from different houses of Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw will greet you with wizarding songs while you walk along the streets of the park. You can even meet the powerful students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang who competed for the Triwizard Tournament.
Here is the complete list of attractions found in Universal Studios Japan - Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
· Hogwarts Castle
· "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride
· Flight of the Hippogriff ride
· The Three Broomsticks restaurant
· Hog's Head Bar
· Honeyduke's Sweets Shop
· Ollivander's Wand Shop
· Zonko's Joke Shop
· Dervish and Banges
· Filch's Emporium of Confiscated Goods
· Owl Post (with live owls - new for Japan)
· Hogwarts Express train (prop, not a ride)
· Gladrags Wizard Wear
· Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment (a Diagon Alley shop in Orlando)
· Hogwarts' Black Lake
1-day pass to the Harry Potter Park will cost you $65 while 2-day pass will be $100. This includes admission ticket and the use of all attractions in the park.
This Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Osaka Japan cost $442.2 million to construct.
Credits: Photos used courtesy of Themeparx.com